WTA Finals 2017: Mural Exhibition
WTA FINAL 2017 MURAL EXHIBITION CALL FOR DESIGN: CELEBRATING THE GREATEST IN WOMEN’S TENNIS
In celebration of the 4th edition of the WTA Finals, we would like to dress Singapore in tennis-themed artwork and convert public spaces into a city-wide art exhibition from 22 – 29 October 2017.
Students are invited to participate in the event’s first-ever mural design contest by submitting entries that best encapsulate the essence of the WTA Finals.
- Eight of the most inspiring pieces of artwork will be showcased in the city, where the 2017 WTA Finals players and legends will be invited to visit and pick their favourite mural.
- Each of the eight finalists will also receive Art Friend vouchers worth S$200 and a pair of Cat A Session 1 tickets to the WTA Finals.
- The overall winning artist will receive an invitation to design memorabilia for the 2018 WTA Finals.
Designs submitted should reflect the spirit of competition and sportsmanship inspired by past and current editions of the WTA Finals while also incorporating uniquely Singaporean elements and local flavours.
Suggested themes include:
- Celebrating the greatest eight in women’s tennis through the WTA Finals in Singapore.
- Values of sportsmanship and sporting excellence displayed at the WTA Finals.
- Jubilance and excitement of the local community enjoying live sporting action at the WTA Finals.
- Singapore as the home of the greatest in women’s tennis.
Submitted entries should include:
- Personal details: Full name, postal address, e-mail address and contact number.
- Introduction: A brief note explaining artist’s approach and concept.
- Submitted in layered artwork files (.ai, .indd or .psd)
- Minimum resolution of 200dpi to fit canvas size of 1.8mW x 3mH or 1.5mW x 3mH.
All entries are to be submitted to email@example.com by 11.59pm, 15 September 2017. Submissions are limited to one entry per student. Eight winners will be notified by 25 September.
WTA Tour, Inc. is not a sponsor of this promotion and is not liable for its marketing or execution.
There is no age limit on submissions and students of all nationalities are eligible to participate. Entrants below 18 years of age at the date of entering the Competition must additionally enclose with their entry a copy of the Terms and conditions, printed and signed where indicated by their parent or legal guardian.
Designs submitted should not be reproduced and/or replicated from player images. Designs submitted cannot reflect and/or incorporate players’ name, likeness, or other personal attributes to avoid violating athletes’ rights of publicity. Generic depictions of tennis will be the most ideal. For more specifics on the design, check out the contest website or the information below.